A lot of people spend long hours at the office sitting in front of their office desks. If you are one of these people, your is probably where you are several hours every day. This is the reason why it is important to choose a good quality chair even if it is a cheap office chair. Your body should be comfortable and well supported during your long hours of work.
With the number of hours that you use your office chair, it is also not surprising that you will have to clean and maintain it regularly if you want it to last a long time. Extending the life of your office desk chair simply means that you will not have to replace it frequently, saving you the cost of a new discount chair. Below are some tips to help you in cleaning and maintaining your office desk chair.
· Clean your office desk chair regularly. The primary thing you need to do to be able to keep your chair in good quality is to clean it regularly. This is particularly important if you are the type who eats or drinks at the desk because food particles or liquids might splatter onto your office chair.
· Blot any spills immediately. For office chairs with fabric upholstery, do not wipe spills on your chair. Instead, dab or blot the spill using a paper towel. If more than a little amount of liquid seeps through the chair, you may use warm water with a little detergent to clean the fabric gently. If your chair has leather upholstery, you can simply wipe any spills with a damp cloth.
· Use leather cleaner. If your office chair has leather upholstery, you can use a leather cleaner to wipe the chair every once in a while. A leather cleaner is very easy to purchase and inexpensive.
· Tighten the mesh. If your office chair is made of mesh, then it is ideal that you regularly tighten the mesh using its web-tension knob. Having a well tightened chair means that it will continue to provide good back support.
· Wash the wheels. It is quite easy to overlook the wheels of your office desk chair. However, the wheels will determine how smoothly you can move your chair from one point to another. You can use a cotton swab and warm soapy water. You may also spray WD40 every six months to help the wheels roll more easily.
· Vacuum. If you have a fabric office chair, you may use a vacuum on the upholstery to remove the dusts that have settled into the material.
· Check all fixings. Make sure to check all the moving parts of your office desk chair such as the adjustment levers and tighten loose screws if there are any.