We have often heard people say that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Health experts advised that it is one meal that should not be missed, as it will help your body sustain the activities of the day. From the name itself, it means that this meal breaks the fasting that our body underwent for being in sleep for more than 6-8 hours. After dinner, food has already been digested while asleep and so it is important to break that fasting and eat in the morning so our body has something to depend on to last through the day.
Most often than not, a lot of us just skip breakfast or since people are always in a hurry, they just end up drinking coffee or eating foods rich in preservative like cup noodles or processed food that is easy to fry like hotdogs and ham.
But lack of time shouldn’t be a reason that can keep individuals from eating a healthy breakfast. There are a number of food choices that is very easy to prepare while at the same time can provide the vitamins and energy that the body needs for the whole day’s worth of activities.
Here are some healthy breakfast ideas that is quick and easy to prepare:
1. Healthy Juice. Too much caffeine is bad for your health so instead of drinking coffee, you can drink juice like Monavie’s healthy juice drink made from Brazilian’s acai berry. This healthy juice contains antioxidant that rids off harmful toxins from the body. It also has a lot of health benefits like reducing the risk of heart diseases, delays the ageing on skin, aids in good digestion and many more.
2. Cheese or Yogurt mix with fruits. Fresh fruits are a very healthy food that is rich in vitamins and minerals that is why it is also a best choice for breakfast. Mix it with yogurt or cottage cheese and it will make your meal even more exciting to eat.
3. Cereals. Choose those that are rich in fiber and protein. Simply mix it with your favorite milk and voila, an easy to prepare but healthy breakfast is served.
4. Oatmeal. Just like yogurt, you can make your oatmeal more enticing to eat by adding milk and fruits like berries, bananas, apples and more.
5. Breakfast Parfait. This is another no effort meal and can be done by adding granola bars (which can be easily bought in the supermarket) or cereal, yogurt and fruits in a bowl.
6. Eggs. There are plenty of ways that you can cook an egg – boiled, poached, fried. Your microwave can be a good friend too as you can easily make egg omelette by mixing egg, milk, vegetables, cooked meat, seafood, and cheese. In less than 2 minutes, you can have freshly cooked omelette in your breakfast nook.
7. Breakfast Shake or Smoothie. It is very easy to make a smoothie. Just choose any flavor of yogurt or ice cream, and then just add milk or fruit juice and fresh fruits and you now have a delicious smoothie.
8. Waffles. Waffle batter is readily available or you can even make your own the night before and just put it in the refrigerator and it is ready to be cook the next day. With the help of tools like electric waffle iron, making waffles for breakfast is just a few minutes away.
9. Toast or Bagel with Natural Peanut Butter. Use wheat bread if you are conscious of your calorie intake and spread natural peanut butter which contains healthy fat with no preservatives,
You may be on the go but that shouldn’t stop you from having a healthy breakfast, and with some of these healthy breakfast ideas in mind, you will never start your day with an empty stomach again.